Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I needed the good stuff to get better....

Quick update:

For those that haven't heard... Alicia picked up a stomach bug over the weekend and when we came back on Saturday night, she got "sick" later that night thru until Monday morning.

Daddy brought Alicia into the pediatrician on Monday morning for a quick check and eventually got admitted in for de-hydration. Monday she basically slept the entire day. Tuesday she had more bloodwork done, and she was hydrated more, but still not eating/drinking. They've reduced the IV fluids a bit, and now, basically we are trying to see if she'll be able to eat/drink enough and for it to stay down to be able to go home tomorrow. :) (Yesterday, she was stubborn and refused to drink anything... today it must of tasted better). Today she is on the BRAT diet... how fitting ;) haha...

Here's a few pictures mommy took from her phone.


Alicia starting to feel better finally playing in the PICU area...

And finally, the good stuff :)



Maybe tomorrow, they'll let us out of here Elmo....

6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm Home!! I'm feeling way better and was such a brave girl when they took out my IV - I didn't even cry.

-Alicia

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she is feeling better, I hope mommy and daddy can get a little rest and sleep now, grandna Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad she's home! What an ordeal, huh? Have a good week guys - get some much needed rest.

Jenny said...

Glad she is back home. She is keeping you guys on your toes! Take care, Alicia!

Deb said...

I'm so sorry Alicia got so sick...ug, it's not fun - especially in the hospital. Looks like she's a trooper though. Seems like it never stops, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

Poor girl! I'm glad you're home now!!!