Tuesday, June 9, 2009

fun at the zoo

Since we had the day off last Friday for Alicia's 3-year doctor visit, we thought we'd make it a fun day for her, despite a doctor's visit! We took Alicia to the Brookfield Zoo where they have a special Dinosaur exhibit showing right now. Alicia really loved her dinosaurs, especially when they moved and growled! She really liked to mimic their actions back with her tyrannosaurus-like claws (I mean, hands) and her cheetah-like speed, while she ran around visiting all the other dinosaurs. I think she made for a pretty one-of-a-kind dinosaur! :)
Another first we did at the zoo was to finally ride the carousel there! We have visited the zoo a number of times before in the last few years, but have never took a spin around on the animal carousel. It was a super treat for Alicia, she actually waited in line pretty well and then picked her animal, which was an Ostrich to ride on. The ostrich beat out a polar bear and a lady bug! I did not realize Alicia liked ostriches...I think she liked this guys cause it was so much taller than all the other animals and she could see above everything riding on it!
Well enjoy the pictures, and I will make an effort on the next post this week to be about Alicia's big birthday party bash!




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I love those dinosaurs...they look awesome!

Drew Kluesner said...

they are here till end of summer i believe... road trip!