Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!



Happy Father's Day, daddy Drew!


and

Happy Father's Day, Papa Mike!




So Alicia's class the other day, had like a fill in the blank type of father's day card which was cute, my favorite line from it was how "I really love it when my Daddy.... and Alicia answered "plays catch" - so it inspired me to write a little poem with Alicia's help to include some of her favorite things about her "Daddy Drew." I asked her a few things the other day and these were some of the phrases/words that came up... "Daddy is Drew," "I wanna play catch with daddy," "going swimming," "daddy's silly too," "go fish game," "go run with daddy," "he's the best," and of course, the "I love daddy"
so here's our remix:

You are the best daddy and thanks for being there for me.
Even if that means spoiling me rotten as can be.
I like it when we go swimming in the pool,
And act silly like fools.
I love it when we play catch,
and when we play go fish and memory match.
Little things are the world to me, daddy, even if you don't know,
as I am just a little one and you help show me the way to go.
Following in your footsteps is what I do and see,
I'm a lot like you, too; plus I'm as cute as can be.
I like it when we go running and can be free.
Thank you for everything you do,
daddy, I love you.



1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a nice post. Happy Father's Day to Drew.