Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Alicia and her big sister quilts

Check out Alicia's cool new big sister quilts!

Our friend, Tomi, made this colorful puzzle-like pattern quilt for Alicia. Even though Alicia has only had it for about a month now, she loves to use it for making tents, laying on it for tummy time with Ben, snuggling, and the recent usage was a makeshift princess carriage/coach. :) I think I took a picture of her doing that recently, so hopefully in a another blog near you, we'll show off the "royal coach."



Tomi also made this adorable quilt for Ben. I love the pattern, it has puppy dogs and cute brown/blue patterns.



Thanks Tomi!!




Tomi and Alicia being goofy!



This last year, mommy had been working on a "big girl" quilt to fit Alicia's new bed. Alicia helped pick out the designs and I had finally pieced them together and just before Ben was born, we got it finished. I was happy I was able to get it done before Ben was born, as I wanted it to be a special gift for her. I had enlisted some help... I did the quilt top, while Tomi assisted with the backer and put the finishing touches on it. Mommy wasn't brave enough to tackle the quilting of this one on my own either, due to the size of this quilt, so I enlisted in the help of the quilter friend of Tomi's to bind it all together. So here's Alicia and her new quilt for her bed!



No comments: