Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alicia groovin' to Sister Hazel

Sunday afternoon we took a trip to the Brookfield Zoo with the Haneys. It was really more of a trip to see Sister Hazel play at the Zoo Toons concert, but we managed to sneak in a few animal vists as well. Alicia and Samantha got a real treat, as they got to meet the lead singer, Ken Block, from Sister Hazel! Alicia even managed to get a little seranade from Ken as well. This is how it happened... When we asked for a picture with him, we got a few minutes of conversation as well, which was awesome. Alicia was a bit scared at first, more nervous I think, since we actually were meeting the lead singer from Sister Hazel! So anyways.. I told him that Alicia likes to dance to their music and then he asked what was our favorite song and we said "Green" and like two seconds later, Ken starts out in "Welcome to the world, oh yeah...A very unusual place...Don't let that scare you..." and wow, Alicia's reaction was awesome, she totally calmed down and looked at him and was like wow... I heard that voice before.. just a way cool experience for all of us. Anyways, Sister Hazel put on a great concert, despite the rain coming down in the middle of their set.
I've put in another gallery link for you all to view as we had to many picotures to try and cut down, also you can view a couple of videos too there that were too big to post to blogger. One is of Alicia groovin' on top of a Polar Bear and the other is a real WWF Gorilla Matchup :) - too bad Alicia was sleeping during the entire visit to the Monkey houses... :( but she did manage to wake up to see some Penguins. Enjoy the pics.
http://picasaweb.google.com/heather.kluesner/SisterHazelZooTrip?authkey=46KK57NE3dE


Alicia not so sure right now of this all...
Here's Ken singing to Alicia.



Alicia looking at Ken right after he sang to her... gotta love the look she is giving him.. like interesting... I've heard that voice before...

Katie, Samantha, Ken from Sister Hazel, Alicia and Heather

2 comments:

Alice said...

That is SO cool!!!

Anonymous said...

That is just way too cool! I love those guys!