Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kohl Children's Museum visit

Last Sunday we went up to the Kohl Children's Museum in Glenview and met up with the Fosco's. There was sooo much for the girls to do up there it was crazy. Alicia and Zoey explored quite a few areas of the museum before they both started running on empty and needed a nap! They played in the library, the veterinarian clinic, the boat, the construction playhouse, the water area, and probably the two favorite areas for the girls' was the music area and the grocery store. I think even with all of that activity, we only hit maybe half of the exhibits they have there!


Zoey, who is just over a year old, seemed to really enjoy Alicia's company. It was cute to see Alicia and Zoey interact with each other even though there is about 2 years difference between them. I think one of Alicia's first comments to me about Zoey was "she's cute," "she's small, I'm big" which was way too funny, as there are not a lot of younger kids that she knows that are actually smaller than her. They may be younger, but most are much bigger than her. As we were leaving Alicia's comment was "that was fun," so I have a feeling we will be going again soon.




















Well, I can't wait for our next trip there... I think my planned visit to here will be one of Fridays coming soon this spring.. If anyone wants to join us in meeting Curious George during their storybook hour let me know and we'll make a trip out of it. http://www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org/visit/events/storybooks/cg-jan29


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've done such a nice job with the site! I think Zoey really did enjoy Alicia's company. :) If you're next trip up falls during my spring break, then Zoey and I will meet you there!