Sunday, January 11, 2009

Alicia and George

Alicia and George - also known more like "zeorje" to Alicia.
Lately, Alicia has taken a liking to the little ole Curious George. I recall picking up George (well, actually I remember Alicia snagging George near the check-out and didn't want to let go of him) a few months ago in November at a local Kohl's. Kohl's had their Kohl's Cares for Kids Program and who could resist that little stuffed monkey. Anyways, after that Alicia has been toting him around a little bit, nothing too extreme, but if she has a choice of an animal, she might choose him over Elmo nowdays. I mean he is cute, brown and cuddly...even our Tanner cat has decided to curl up with him a few times as well ;) Ok, back to George, I'm perfectly fine with her taking him in, as most of you know I'm employed by the parent company of George. Unfortunately, my day to day work has NOTHING to do with him or even books by that means, but that's ok. So over the last few years, I've been collecting a few Curious George books, nothing crazy, but she does have about a dozen or so books in her library all about George and the curious things he does. Over the holidays, we gave Alicia's daycare class a gift of George board books for her class to enjoy. So far, it sounds like they've been a hit, so it is pretty cool to see them get some great use out of them too.
So the adventures of George and Alicia... Lately, she's been looking at the books more and of course, reading them with George. He went to daycare with her the one day I believe, he has gone back to Iowa, and he even does puzzles with Alicia and goes for stroller walks around the house with her :) haha.. George's biggest adventure with Alicia was probably when she went to the hospital for the MRI back in late November. Note in the picture, I find it quite funny now, because in the movie and books, H.A. and Margret Rey refer to George belonging to the man in the yellow hat and suit, and Alicia's hospital garb that day was all yellow..too funny.... Well on to more adventures....


1 comment:

Deb said...

Ahhh, sometimes it's just nice to have an Elmo break. :)