Thursday, April 2, 2009

part 2 of disney

Ok.. so back to our Disney trip recap. Wednesday started out with another early start on vacation, this time we had breakfast reservations at the Crystal Palace (in the Magic Kingdom). There we got to enjoy, well "tried to" enjoy breakfast, while Winnie the Pooh and his friends walked by each table to visit. We had a wide assortment of yummy breakfast foods to enjoy, but I think we all barely got to sample them before the excitement set in! Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, and of course, Tigger, too was there! Each one came by the table for signatures and pictures with the kids. At one point in the meal, there was a parade where Alicia jumped in and decided to march behind her furry friends. It was pretty cute. She really enjoyed it despite a few times she threw a fit when she wanted to see the characters like 'now' rather than waiting. Oh the bliss of 2-3 year-oldness. Finally after saying "pooh pooh pooh" all morning, she finally got to meet Pooh! I hope he lived up to the excitement for her!

At the Magic Kingdom both Alicia and Carl took turns with the mommys and daddys riding rides. A couple of rides, like the Splash Mountain and the Big Thunder Railroad one, the kiddos don't quite meet the requirements yet, so they stayed back with a set of parents. It was a great way to do Disney for sure; Drew and I could ride something together instead of going by ourselves, or viseversa where Rachel and Carl could go on another ride by themselves without worrying about Carl! we are glad this parent swap system works so well there. Disney even does fastpasses for the other parents that stay behind so it goes quicker.

A couple of the kiddie rides, that Alicia and Carl seemed to really like was: the Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride (aka just like the dumbo ride, but carpets instead :) and a lot quicker lines), a Jungle Cruise boat ride, Its a Small World, the Tea Cups, and of course the Carousel was a sure winner for the kids.

Towards the end of our day at the Magic Kingdom we got to see a special parade held in front of the castle area which was probably Alicia's favorite favorite part of the day. There was lots of dancing, music, and singing by a bunch of characters riding on floats and walking down the streets there. We really got lucky on kind of found this parade by mistake and I'm so glad we had time to fit this in! I think Rachel got some great video of the kids during this, so maybe we be able to share that later!

On our last day at Disney World, we spent it at Epcot visiting more characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto! and getting to explore The Seas area more which had Nemo exhibits and other cool fish aquariums. By the afternoon, it was time for us to head back to the hotels and get ready to board our bus and plane back home.

Some places we got to eat of mention that were pretty fun were Boma, Ohana, Crystal Palace, Grand Floridian Cafe, and the Coral Reef. All very yummy! I think the adults enjoyed the meals more than the kids though, but really they did amazing considering we were running around in the parks all day long and then we make them actually "sit down" or should I say more like "meltdowns" at these nice restaurants and eat with us.. geez, what where we thinkin'!?! but really, we can't complain. They did great. Well that's our power vacation in a nutshell, we've got lots of cute mini stories that's for sure from the vacation, so we'll see if I can maybe recap some of those later, but whew.. I think it's time to relax from vacation!

Enjoy the more links for even more pics..

http://picasaweb.google.com/drew.kluesner/3rdDayAtWDWMagicKindgom?authkey=Gv1sRgCL7an_fCm_KTTQ

http://picasaweb.google.com/drew.kluesner/LastDayAtWDWEpcot?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKpl8zex_qTrwE#

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow...these pictures are amazing! I want to go too!! I love the family pic with Mickey Mouse. And there is one with Alicia on Heather's shoulders and Alicia has this SCOWL. :) it's too cute.