Saturday, April 19, 2008

science fair

Alicia's daycare had a science fair the other night when I picked her up. Each classroom did something exploratory - it was pretty cool, even the youngest kids did something. Just to name a few I think the youngest kids did some dirt exploration, and color squishing and mixing in bags, while Alicia's class did object density, where they dropped items in a pail of water and watch them float or sink, while Lucas and Carl's class did some bird feeder recycling projects. Here's Alicia showing me their class project and enjoying dropping some items in the water.
Afterwards, all the kids got to enjoy some ice cream cones, in which Alicia really enjoyed. She seemed to really like the sugar cone, too, for once and not just eat the ice cream that it was holding inside. :)

(sorry for picture quality, as I only had my camera phone that day with me.)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really cool idea. I might have to steal that for our next rainy day! Looks like Alicia had a blast!