
Ok, distracted by the cute baby... back to the story. When I left on Friday to head up to Great America, my tire light came on, so when I filled up on gas on the way up, I checked the tires out and then appeared to be ok... nothing looked wrong and the air pressure seemed fine. Due to my lovely parking job I did at the gas station, I did not see anything visually wrong with my tires, so I continued on my trek to Great America with Alicia. About an hour later, many miles of construction later, we finally made it up there. Alicia did a great job there, she was only scared a couple of times, once was when we met Batman and the other superheros, and the other was when we were waiting in line to go on the Wiggles' airplane ride. After waiting in line, we got to pick out our airplane on the ride, and then the "no"s starting flying..."no.nononono.." the poor chick trying to buckle us in was deemed unsuccessful as Alicia wanted nothing to do with these planes now, after watching them in excitement for the minutes previously.. oh well... we tried, right? so needless to say, we opted for the land option and drove around in the Wiggle's big read car ride instead... much more of Alicia's style I guess.. :)
Also, Alicia LOVED the water areas there at the new Hurricane Harbor area there. Not so much of the wave pool when the actual waves started crashing in, but she really enjoyed the depth of the water there. She enjoyed splashing and stomping through the water alot and making "bubbles!"
So, after a long fun afternoon of playing and visiting with Uncle Billy, we decided to head back home to see daddy. On the way out, Uncle Billy walked out with us and noticed, a big ole screw that was stuck in our front van tire! oh no! that is why my pesky tire left kept screaming at me! The way I was parked before, I had no clue it was there...so thanks for Billy's keen eye, Alicia and I decided to start searching for a tire repair place near Great America, since the tire probably was not very safe for us to drive back home on. By the way, did I mention this was at like 5-5:30 at night... yeah.. it was a bit painful to find an open and free place. (yes, I know I could have tried changing the spare tire myself, but...yeah... probably better off letting the pros do it.) Eventually with the help of Nuvi (what a great little navigation gadget), I got lucky and found a nice place called Ernie's in like the Lincolnshire area, who fixed us up in like a half hour and we were on our merry way.
While at Ernie's, Alicia desperately wanted something out the vendor machine thing at the car place, so the least craziest choice...what was it you ask? we need no nuts, no gooey fruit chews, no gum.. so we found this... hmm... chocolate covered raisins.. they were tasty...

mom..... I'm trying to shove as many raisinets in my mouth as possible... keep putting that quarter in the machine and stop taking pictures!

Ali's impressions of the people on the rides at Great America! Weeeeiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment