Wait, there he is! Finally after the book reading was finished, Curious George made his appearance! Alicia''s first thought of him was, "mommy, he's too big, he's not a small monkey." Yes, Alicia was right, George was not to the normal proportions that we normal see him. Such as the PBS shows and book we read show George much smaller than the Man in the Yellow hat, and George "should" have been about the same size as a little kid.
Friday, April 30, 2010
it's Curious George!
Earlier this month, Alicia and mommy went to meet Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat. There was a special reading of the Curious George Plants a Tree book at the children's museum. I decided it would be a nice thing to do in honor of Earth Day this month and the fact that Alicia LOVES George, it seemed to be like a good combo :)
Alicia patiently waiting during the book reading... going "that's not George, mommy" and "I want to see George"

The whole size issue really threw Alicia off. The Man in the Yellow Hat also wasn't sitting well with Alicia. She was a bit scared of him. I think she was more interested int eh fact that George was there. So the nice lady behind us waiting with her son took our picture with George and the Man in the Yellow Hat, as Alicia did not want to let go of me, let alone stand by herself next to the guys. She gave me the "I want to go home" line and that was it. She barely gave George a high five when we left, and totally dissed the Man in the Yellow Hat. Even though she was pretty scared when she met them, the minute we left the area, and on the ride home, she was like "I saw George, George big monkey" and "cute George" and "that was fun" etc... so I don't think it was too traumatic. :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment